Well, after 8 generations of the iPhone, I finally took the dive into the Android world (again). This is the first time since I worked for AT&T that I committed to an Android device. I decided to go for the Samsung S7 Edge. I had a few reason for the dive.
- The iPhone 7 lacks a 3.5mm jack – To some this isn’t a big deal, but my luck with bluetooth headphones hasn’t been the greatest. Between running and snowboarding in the winter, I find regular earbuds work best.
- The S7 keeps the same form factor as the iPhone (ahem, trademark issues) but with curved glass.
- The new iPhone really didn’t offer anything new. I have a 6S (although the glass is cracked, hence the new purchase) which isn’t all that different.
- Samsung and Android offer a lot off cool features that still haven’t made it to the apple platform.
- Android is the only OS that works with my OBDeleven for my car (programming and diagnostic tool)
So far its been 3 days and I am happy, although I always tend to gravitate back to apple. Let’s see what I am using after my 14 days are up.